Monday, February 9, 2009

Blogging the Writing of the Peer Reviewed Paper

Draft. (Why can't I view the draft?)

Where am I in this process? Really, even though I have a proto-hypothesis, I am still in the process of reading for information and refining my question.



If all goes well with the thesis that I'm developing, I won't have a test (it would involve a lot of surveying), but a plan of action for a test.

At this point, I need to find out more about what is known about the actual implementation of archival theory by its advocates in Europe, and about the actual employment of the methodologies by those who counter that archival theory is too abstract and that Americans, at least, need to focus on methods and practices because we are a less centralized and more diverse culture.

I have gathered around 30 articles/blog posts/book reviews relating to archival theory, appraisal, deaccession, case studies from multicultural perspectives, archival practices in various nations and/or cultures, archival integrity or deceptive practices or statistical anomalies, political pressure on archivists, and interdisciplinary views of archives. At this point, I don't see a need to revise my primitive thesis.

What the hell is she talking about?

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Well, I'm about to submit the finished product for a possible award. My drafts are awful - but once my paper is judged I shall make all visible and available for criticism/mockery/interpretive dances!

But yes, I agree, open access is the way to go.

I wrote a paper on that very subject, too (open access archiving). It was just a lit review, but supposed I could make that one visible in the meantime...